1. Pick out your clothes first for a family photo session
Picking out your clothes first is a great idea! Here are a few reasons why:
- You’ll have more time to think about it. If you wait until the last minute to pick out your outfit, you’re more likely to grab something that you don’t really love or that doesn’t fit well. By picking out your outfit first, you have time to try on different things and find something that you feel confident and comfortable in.
- You’ll set the tone for the rest of the family. When you choose your outfit first, it gives you a chance to set the tone for the rest of the family. If you’re wearing something casual, your kids are more likely to feel comfortable dressing down as well. If you’re wearing something more formal, your kids may want to dress up as well.
- You’ll be more likely to coordinate with the other family members. It’s not necessary for everyone to match in family photos, but it’s nice to have some coordination. By picking out your outfit first, you can make sure that your clothes complement the other family members’ clothes.
I’m sure you have something super cute in your closet that you are dying to wear. Not sure where to start? Figure out what you love. Do you have a favorite pair of boots, jeans, or a jacket? Whatever pops out at you- start there. Keep it simple and keep it fun!
2. Choose a color palette that you love.
To choose a color palette that you love for family photos, consider the following factors:
- Your family’s personal style. What colors do you and your family members typically like to wear? What colors do you look good in?
- The setting of your photo shoot. Will you be taking photos outdoors or indoors? What colors are in the background?
- The season. Different seasons have different color palettes. For example, fall photos often feature warm colors like red, orange, and yellow, while spring photos often feature pastel colors like pink, blue, and green.
- Your home decor. If you plan to hang your family photos in your home, you may want to choose colors that complement your decor.
Here are a few family photo color palette ideas:
- Neutrals and blues: This is a classic and versatile color palette that works well for any family. Choose different shades of blue to add interest.
- Warm colors: This color palette is perfect for fall photos. Choose warm colors like red, orange, yellow, and brown.
- Pastel colors: This color palette is perfect for spring photos. Choose pastel colors like pink, blue, green, and yellow.
- Jewel tones: This color palette is perfect for a more glamorous look. Choose jewel tones like emerald green, sapphire blue, and ruby red.
No matter what color palette you choose, make sure that everyone in the family feels comfortable and confident in their outfits. After all, the most important thing is to have fun and capture memories that you’ll cherish for years to come.
3. Choose clothes that fit well.
Choose clothes that fit well and are comfortable. The clothes you wear should be appropriate for the weather. In my experience, kids get cold extra quick during family photos- so make sure they are dressed to be outside for an extended period of time.
Here are a few tips for choosing comfortable clothes for your family photo session:
- Choose clothes that fit well. Avoid clothes that are too tight or too loose.
- Choose clothes that are made from breathable fabrics. This will help you stay cool and comfortable, especially if you are having your photo session on a hot day.
- Avoid clothes with too many embellishments or details. These can be distracting and uncomfortable.
- Choose shoes that are comfortable and supportive. You will be doing a lot of walking and standing, so it is important to choose shoes that will not cause you pain.
It is also important to consider the weather when choosing clothes for your family photo session. If it is going to be cold, dress in layers so that you can stay warm. If it is going to be hot, dress in light, breathable fabrics.
4. Don’t Forget Accessories
Accessories can add a touch of personality and style to your family photos. Here are a few ideas for accessories that are good for a family photo session:
- Jewelry: Necklaces, earrings, and bracelets can all add a touch of elegance to your outfit. Choose jewelry that is simple and classic to avoid distracting from your face.
- Hats and scarves: Hats and scarves can be a great way to add a pop of color or pattern to your outfit. They can also be used to keep you warm in colder weather.
- Belts: Belts can help to accentuate your waist and create a more polished look.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses can be a great way to protect your eyes from the sun and to add a touch of glamour to your outfit.
- Flowers: Flowers can add a touch of whimsy and romance to your family photos. Consider carrying a bouquet of flowers or wearing a flower crown.
- Props: Props can be used to add interest and personality to your family photos. Some popular props include balloons, frames, blankets, and signs.
When choosing accessories for your family photo session, it is important to consider the overall style of your outfits. You don’t want to go overboard with too many accessories, as this can be distracting. Instead, choose a few key pieces that will complement your outfit and add a touch of personality.
Mom to mom, I encourage you to pick out your clothes first for your family photo session. It’s a simple step that can make a big difference in the outcome of your photos. When you feel confident in your outfit, you’ll be more likely to relax and enjoy the experience. And that will show in your photos.
So take some time to think about what you want to wear for your family photo session. Choose clothes that make you feel comfortable and confident. And don’t forget to coordinate with the other family members. By picking out your clothes first, you’ll be setting the stage for a successful photo shoot.
Ready to book your session? Give me a call at 608-697-1419 today to get started!