Fear is Not The Enemy
Getting To The Next Level
Congratulations, you are in the right place at the right time. You are seeking out what’s next in your life and the steps that you need to take to get there. You are in the club of a small percentage of people who aren’t letting fear hold you back. Or maybe you are letting fear hold you back right now, but you know there is another way to live!
Pema Chodron says “Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth.” What if for a moment, we decided that fear is just a doorway to your next level of existence? What if fear wasn’t something that we felt the need to push away. What if fear was something that we decided to welcome into our lives?
In my business, I deal with a lot of fears. Not only my own- but my clients as well. For a long time, I let the feeling of fear of rejection hold me back from my truest potential. I know a lot of you have probably been in the same situation.
Types of Fears
Let’s talk for a minute about some of the basic human fears that each of us faces when we decide to live a life of authenticity and expansion. We will also chat briefly about ways to get through the fear, but more on that later.
- Fear of Rejection. Fear of rejection is one of the humans’ deepest fears. We are biologically wired with a longing to belong. In earlier times, being able to get along meant that we were safe. It meant we would have food, shelter, and our survival depended on it. Luckily, for those of you reading this- we don’t necessarily have this problem anymore.
- Fear of Change. Fear of change is triggered by a feeling of not being in control of a situation. Again, our brains are hardwired to prefer consistency and routine. Lack of consistency could result in a lack of safety in hunter/ gatherer times.
- Fear of Failure. Failure and shame are quite similar. As human beings, we tend to avoid these feelings at all costs. Feelings like unworthiness often stem from fear of failure. If you haven’t had a chance to see Brene Browns’ amazing ted talk on shame and vulnerability – I would highly recommend it.
Why Should We Move Beyond Fear?
There are many types of fears. Fear of being alone, fear of not having enough money, fear of success, fear of loss. It is perfectly 100% normal to feel fear. But in this day and age, we have to figure out a way to move above and beyond it. Our planet and our people depend on us to do so. When you deliberately stop your thoughts of fear (yes you can do that!). You find out that you are capable of amazing things. Beautiful, amazing things will start to happen when you stop letting fear control your life. Here are a few resources to begin the process!
My Favorite Resources to Move Beyond Fear
- Glennon Doyle We Can Do Hard Things Podcast
- EFT Tapping with Brad Yates
- Brene Brown Youtube and Website
- Jack Canfield Website and Books
- Dr Wayne Dyer Mindset Training and Awesome Website